The Asha School Shillong has been established under the agesof Headquarters 101 Area within the premises of 58 Gorkha Training Centre in Happy Valley, which is located approximately 12 Kms away from Headquarters 101 Area located at Three Mile, Shillong. Therefore, in order to manage the school effectively and have a close control over its day to day functioning, two separate Committees shall be appointed, these are Management Committee and Executive Committee. The responsibilities of each of these Committees are given in the succeeding paragraphs.
Functions of Management Committee.
- The Management Committee shall be responsible to lay down the policies for smooth running of the School.
- The Management Committee shall have complete powers tosanction expenditure of fundsto bring about improvement in the School.
- The Management Committee shall be responsible to monitor and review the progress of the School from time to time.
- The Management Committee shall meet periodically to review the functioning of the schooland suggest or implement measures to improve the School.
Functions of Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to coordinate all day to day activities of the Asha School.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to effectively monitor the implementation of all the directionsreceived from Management Committee.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to supervise the accountsbeing maintained by the Accountant in School.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to manage all the financial resourcesincluding the Corpus fund as well as the Grant-in-Aid received from Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment every year.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to bring improvement in the School by effectively utilizing the available financial resources.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to carry out procurement of training aids or any other facility from various agencies.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to monitor the progress of each student of Asha School Shillong.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to carry out enrolment of the teaching and non teaching staff for School as per the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE) under Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (D.D.R.S.).
The Executive Committee shall be responsible for issuing show cause notice or termination order to the teaching as well as the non teaching staff for inefficiency or any other kinds of act of indiscipline.
The executive committee shall be responsible to formulate the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the day to day functioning of Asha School.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible to progress all development activities concerning Military Engineering Services (MES) Works on the School building.
The Executive Committee shall meet on quarterly basis during January, April, July and October every year to review the functioning of Asha School and revise the same, on required basis, for effective functioning of the School.
The members of both the committees are appointed on the basis of the appointments held by them. The members who do not hold the appointment are selected for the academic year based on their performance and level of dedication exhibited by them. The details of composition of both, Management as well as Executive Committees are given as under:-
- Management Committee
- President- Regional President Army Wives Welfare Association, 101 Area
- Chairperson - Wife of Commandant 58 Gorkha Training Centre
- Honorary Members
- Welfare Officer, Headquarters 101 Area
- Parent Representative
- RMO of 58 Gorkha Training Centre
- Secretary - OIC Asha School
- Executive Committee
- Patron of Chief-G.O.C., 101 Area.
- Patron-C.O.S. 101 Area.
- Chairman-Commandant 58 Gorkha Training Centre
- Dy comdt 58 Gorkha Training Centre
- Welfare Office, HQ 101 Area
- Secretary-O.I.C. Asha School
Medical Advisory Committee
A Medical Advisory Committee composed as under shall be responsible to periodically examine and advise on the health of each student of Asha School: -
- Chairman-Commandant, Military Hospital (MH), Shillong
- One Child Specialist from Military Hospital Shillong.
- One E.N.T. E.N.T.Specialist from Military Hospital Shillong
- Commanding Officer, Military Dental Centre, Happy Valley
- One Physiotherapist from Military Hospital Shillong.