Governing Body 2012-2015
|1.||Shirleen B.Sawkhmie||President||Educationist and Entrepreneur|
|2.||Carmo Noronha||Secretary||Development Worker|
|3.||Maria Silva||Treasurer||Social Worker|
|6.||Referen Diengdoh||Member||Retired Army Colonel.|
|8.||Tourist Mark||Member||Retired Director, Department of Education|
Mr. Carmo Noronha and Ms. Bertha Dkhar are paid by the Society for their services as Executive Director and Coordinator, Mainstreaming Education Unit.
The Governing Body meets three times a year for evaluating programmes and discussing policy matters. Individual programmes have separate Managing Committees, responsible for the functioning of the programmes. Thus a decentralized approach is encouraged and the same is followed at the individual programme level to develop leadership. Managing Committees have been mandated to work on the core issues of quality and sustainability.
No member of the Governing Body or Managing Committees or staff was supported for foreign travel or local travel or provided allowances from Society funds in the year 2012-2013.
Our key personnel.... their leadership and dedication and the teamwork of their staff make our interventions possible and credible the Society thanks them for their contribution.
|Serial number||Name||Responsible For||Designation and Location||Contact Details|
|1.||Mrs. Shirleen B. Sawkhmie||Public Relations, Senior Citizens' Programme, Fruit and vegetable processing programme , Overall evaluation||President, Tura||9436112004 shirleen[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|2.||Mr. Carmo Noronha||All Programmes, Resource Mobilisation and Public Relations, Monitoring and Evaluation||Executive Director, Shillong||9436119808 bethanyngo[at]rediffmail[dot]com bethanymegh[at]hotmail[dot]com|
|3.||Col. T. I. Donald (retd.)||All programmes at Head Office and Garo Hills||Administrator Tura||9436112955 bethany_tura[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|4.||Ms. Bertha Dkhar||Head, Jyoti Sroat School Shillong||Head of the Inclusive School, Promoting Inclusion in Education||9436340137 bgdkhar[at]yahoo[dot]com|
|5.||Mrs. Avegail Sokhlet||Roilang Livelihood Academy, Vocational Training.||Director, Shillong||9436103018|
|6.||Mr. Michael Sangma||Community Based Rehabilitation - Garo Hills, Advocay and Hostels, Garo Hills||Programme Manager Tura||9436160292|
|7.||Mr. Herald Massar||Administration and Finance, Shillong||Accounts Incharge, Shillong||9863068032 massarherald[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]in|
|8.||Mr. Gary Nengnong||Coordinator Mainstreaming Unit||Programme Coordinator Shillong||9856122072 garynengnong[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|9.||Ms. Kerlinda War||Hostels, Shillong||Warden Shillong||8014741503|
|10.||Mr. Ricky Renthlei||Sustainable Livelihoods and training-rural technology||Programme Coordinator, Shillong||9856030623 ricky_renthlei[at]yahoo[dot]com|
|11.||Ms. Streamlet Sohtun||Community Based Rehabilitation Training||Training Coordinator, Shillong||9863122672 bstrgunit2010[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|12.||Mr. Wellbok Lyngdoh||Community Based Rehabilitation Programme, Mawkyrwat, W. Khasi Hills||Programme Coordinator, Mawkyrwat||9436174206|
|13.||Ms. Pynhoi Tang||Inclusive Development Programme, Laskein Block, Phramer, Jaintia Hills||Programme Coordinator, Phramer, JH||9856048594 Pynhoi2009[at]yahoo[dot]com|
Our Gratitude To The Following Who Made Our Interventions Possible:
- Departments of Social Welfare, Education (Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, D.E.R.T.), Rural Development (District Rural Development Agencies, Agriculture , Officer of the Commissioner of persons with disability, Registrar of Cooperative Societies-Government of Meghalaya.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Northeastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong
- Meghalaya Rural Development Society, Shillong (I.F.A.D. and Government of Meghalaya )
- Christoffel Blinden Mission, Germany, Italy and Bangalore
- Light for the World, Austria
- Caritas India and C.B.R. - Forum, Bangalore
- Shanti Onlus, Italy (Marruicia, Mara and friends) and Doctor Allesandro and friends.
- Mr. J. J. O 'Dwyer and friends', Ireland
- Delia and Christian Klages and Viren fur Hilfe, Germany
- Sister Rosario Lopez, Founder and Patron Bethany Society, Mr. Isidro Lopez, Lopez family and friends from Spain
- Sponsors and friends from : India, U.K., U.S.A.
- The Christian Brothers, especially from SaintEdmund's Community, Shillong.
- The Missionaries of Christ Jesus, Meghalaya
- The Society for the Welfare of the Disabled and its units, Shillong
- The Association of Challenged People, Meghalaya
- Bawri Netralaya, Shillong
- Sherwood School. Tura.
- Schools, colleges, hostels across Meghalaya supporting inclusion
- N.G.Os friends from across the State and Region.
- The many individuals and groups and organizations from Shillong and Tura who support our programmes on an almost weekly basis throughout the year
- Our clients in all our programmes.
We continue to seek your support and pray for your well-being. The next few pages give a glimpse of various interventions.